Terry Cavanagh’s light-hearted deck-building, dice-rolling roguelike Dicey Dungeons gave the impression in Nintendo’s Indie Global Show off long ago in March. It should have taken some time, however the recreation has in the end arrived on Transfer eShop — take a look at the release trailer above.
The sport comes basically from prolific indie developer and fashion designer Terry Cavanagh (of VVVVVV and Tremendous Hexagon popularity), artist Marlowe Dobbe, and musician Chipzel. Dicey Dungeons has you taking part in as a large strolling cube struggling with thru — you guessed it! — a procedurally-generated dungeon.
It is a aggregate of onerous technique and the success of the roll as you dungeon move slowly your strategy to victory (or defeat, however let’s have some New 12 months optimism, we could?) as certainly one of six characters/categories with other playstyles. The sport developed from a roguelike recreation jam again in 2018 and used to be “designed with the aim of making a vibrant and mesmerizing international that oozes with character” and “balancing the techniques and technique of deck-building towards the specific randomness of dice-rolling”.
It launched on Steam again in August 2019 and these days holds a ‘Very Sure’ ranking. Here is a record of options as according to the authentic PR blurb, adopted via some screenshots:
– Six wildly other playable categories: Warrior, Thief, Robotic, Jester, Inventor and Witch.
– Dozens of enemies, starting from Vacuum Cleaners that need to suck your blood, to creatures from Irish mythology, to clever malevolent snowmen.
– A catchy, upbeat and vigorous soundtrack via Chipzel (in the past, the musician from Tremendous Hexagon).
– Stunning and cute paintings via Marlowe Dobbe.
– Procedurally generated for never-ending play-throughs.
We are giant enthusiasts of the folks in the back of this recreation and we are more than happy to peer the Transfer model shadow-dropping at the eShop in time for Christmas. Tell us under in case you’ve performed the sport in different places or if you’ll be able to be investigating the Transfer model, and glance out for a evaluation once we will get to it.